Thursday, February 20, 2020

Mystical Scrapbooking - Spotlight JOY and Special Moments


Hey Friends!

Over at Mystical Scrapbooking they have two great challenges this month!


You can get to their challenge site from HERE

During the month of February they have two super back to school themed challenges





The first challenge is to be inspired by Junk mail, 
mainly the 'Back to School' Spotlight catalogue!


I didn't get this catalogue in the mail, so I waited til the next catalogue came out!

Here is what I came up with....

Spotlight JOY

 

I cut out the advertisement banners across the top and bottom of the catalogue.
I ran them down the page from top to bottom and sewed through them with red thread to keep them secure.

I then sewed a large circle and using gesso covered the inside of the circle working outwards, I then used my waterclour paints to add colour and a few splatters for dimension

Here are a few closeups!



and


Journaling says..... Skyla loved the little Santa outfit that I picked up from Spotlight.
It came with a santa hat but she didn't want to wear it this particular day!
Here she is putting some decorations back on the tree that fell off!

I so enjoyed putting this page together :)

*****************************************

The second back to school challenge....


Back to School with Numbers. - Use numbers on your layout, OTP or set of 3 cards

Here is what I came up with....

Special Moments
(the first step in a journey)

 
 This is my Jarred posing for a pic on his first day 
of school way back in............1992!!
(I'm old...I know!!!) lol


I added some large dark brown numbers!
Here are some close up....



 and



You better get yourselves over to Mystical scrapbooking,
and join in the fun challenges!


Thanks Donna and the Mystical scrapping team!
I love the pages I managed to get completed this month!
Cheers
Shazza :) 
 
xx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment