Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Let's Get Shabby

 ** Woohoo!!  I'm so chuffed!!! My first attempt at the 'shabby' look and I have been lucky enough to get an HONORABLE MENTION thankyou Mandy and the 'Let's get Shabby' Design Team :) **


 *******************************************

I promised myself  if I got all my upcoming  Design Team submissions completed, and if I had some spare time that I would enter a few new scrap challenges. 

I decided to give Mandy Dodd's 'Let's Get Shabby' a go :) This is the first time I have entered 'Let's get Shabby', so ladies go easy on me with the comments please....I would like to come back one day (Smiles). Now you would all know that shabby/distressed is a style that I steer away from and its mainly because I'm just not confident with things like placement of clustered flowers and how much distressing looks good on a page, too little embellies/too much embellies.....(maybe I was just overthinking the whole process). Atleast now I can cross off doing 'Shabby' from my bucket list... lol


This month is all about.......


WINDOW AND/OR DOORS
Beach Bird 

An unimpressed bird on a Fijian beach on a windy day! lol

My shuttered window is made from cardboard and then gessoed (is that a word!) and finished with crackle paint........What a great view hey!!

The 'b.e.a.c.h' chipboard title is painted blue then covered in a thick layer of dimensional magic. Whilst it is still wet, you swirl over it with a pin that has been dipped in white paint.
I added water bubble glass cabochons to the centre of the flowers. The cabochons were created by adding some drops of dimensional magic and 'All that Jazz' Glimmer Glaze to the underside of the cabochen.
Here is a close up!
And another close up of my embellie cluster!


TFL
Shazza

10 comments:

  1. wow just love your shutters they are great. thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fantastic job, it just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This LO is truly beautiful and really creative, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me girl!! this is just stunning! Its such a serene scene... picturesque and lovely. Bravo Shazza!
    Thanks for playing along with Shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your page is fantastic. I love the simplicity of the design, the colour scheme and the white space. You have done shabby very well. Thanks for playing along at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous Shazza! Your window is fabulous & your embellishments perfect!! Woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING those shabby shutters!!... beautiful page..Thank you for playing along with us at Let's get shabby :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shazza, I knew as soon as I saw it that your layout was a winner, well done!

    ReplyDelete