Saturday, October 15, 2011

Timeless....

Here is my entry for the Repeatative Stamping challenge hosted by Brianna at Dixie Pieces.

Heres what Brianna had to say.....
Hello new scrappy friends!I just recently took an online class with great inspiration,and they used alot of stamps.I am not ussually one to use stamps on my layouts,but I love new techniques,and was intrigued.I created this layout by using stamps in a repeat pattern,(the background compass image and "adore" word strip below the photo)so this is my first challenge for you this month.With the stamp of your choice;(image or word) create a layout or card by repeating your image multiple times somewhere on the creation.

Here is my entry called 'Timeless'
I stamped lots of clocks on my background!


and a close up!



Journaling says.....
When I was a little girl, I remember a
beautiful etched glass photo frame with
a photo of me at five years, sitting crossed
legged talking on an old fashioned telephone.
It took pride of place on a telephone table
at my Grandmothers house.
Many years later my mother inherited it
and it sat inside a glass cabinet in our
lounge room. I loved that photo frame!!
After my dad passed away in 1999, my
mum sold our family home. Her two
storey five bedroom home was too much
for her to look after so she moved to a smaller
unit. During the packing up she gave me
the etched photo frame to keep.
Putting it up on a shelf in my own home,
I dropped it and shattered the glass frame…….
I was devastated, that frame was so beautiful!!
I started to sweep up the glass and on taking
the photo of me out of the frame, I discovered
another photo hidden behind my photo in
the frame, obviously my photo had been
placed over the top by my Grandmother.
Amazing!! It was an old sepia photograph
taken of my Grandmother ‘Annie Amelia
Chalk, as a little girl standing next to my
Great Grandmother ‘Henrietta Lucy Taylor’.
This is the only family photo we have of
my grandmother as a little girl and the only
photo in existence of my Great Grandmother.
What a find…… 

TFL
Shazza

No comments:

Post a Comment