Wednesday, March 17, 2010

May the road rise to meet you

Hi Ladies!

This is my monthly submission for Scrap that Poetry, we had to use an Irish Blessing!



May the road rise to meet you
May the wind always be at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand
~traditional gaelic blessing

What a beautiful Irish Blessing this is...... as soon as I had read it over a few times, I already had an idea forming inside my head. I wanted to scrap a page of 'something' in God's hands. I eventually made a flying heart and adorned it with little pics of me and some tiny embellishments just big enough to fit into the hollow of God's hand. My partner 'Hasan' was my hand model lol
I printed out the poem in assorted fonts........I'm really pleased how this has turned out.

and a close up below....



TFL
Shazza

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous Shazza, such a creative photo and the strips just make this a gorgeous arty layout, I love this.

    ReplyDelete