Monday, April 18, 2011

She was a Garden Angel

Here is my entry for Debi's Soul Scrap Quest 'How does your Garden Grow', at Soul Scrappers I decided to make a canvas, with lots of textures and some of Debs bits and bobs. I did not use 4 items...... the fabric flower, one white butterfly button, group of stickers and paper clip, sorry they just would have looked out of place.



and a close up!




I made this for my friend Ellen as a birthday gift, she works in the nursery at Bunnings and she is such a sweetie. I used the 'She is a Garden Angel' quote as we refer to her at work as our Garden Angel.

Here's how I used the other pieces........

Doily - as part of the sun
1 button - on waistband of dress
Chipboard piece - right hand corner of canvas
Quote - bottom left corner
2x4'x4' papers - Pink and brown polka dot as scalloped petticoat to dress the other piece I cut out a butterfly and used the rest as angel wings.
ribbons - pink waistband and cut our dragon flies on canvas
4x rhinestones - 4 flower centres
Watering can = bottom left corner

Thanks Deb for this marvellous challenge, I loved putting this together and Ellen (my Friend) absolutely loved it as her birthday gift :)

Cheers
shazza

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning Shazza, wow, all those layers of gorgeous textures. Your friend will love love this. I am not sure I could part with something so creative she is very lucky. Love MElxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shazza,
    This was the only way to get back to you. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on several posts. I'm glad you are enjoying the Little Blue House and that you purchased a kit. We have a blast there. I love your garden angel. Did you take Christy's She Art Class? I am taking the second one and am in LOVE! Haven't had time to actually make a canvas yet but I will.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete