Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I love Bali

This is my entry for the August Cyber Crop 3 2 - Africa' by Janine at Ready, Set, Scap. The theme for the cyber Crop was Holiday Escape.

Janine has packed her bag and is off to...
AFRICA

Here are the details of Janine's Challenge:

take inspiration from the below pic



plus...
I also like to see the following

A = A Heart
F = Flower
R= Red Element
I = Ink
C= Circle
A = A Title with 2 different fonts
**************************************************

and this is my take called 'I Love Bali'


This is my entry for the 'Africa' challenge, the inspiration I took from the pic, was the ladies carrying their over laden buckets on their heads.

I remembered I had the perfect photo from my Bali holiday in 1999. I took a photo as we drove past a group of girls carrying offerings on their heads to their local temple.

The journaling around the statue says: My first O/S trip with Wayne and Jane in 1999. We stayed at Hotel Sahid Raya in Kuta. This is where I got the travel Bug!
( As opposed to a stomach bug !!!.... lol)


I have covered all criteria:
A = A chipboard shaped Heart -
F = purple flower
R = Red flower brad element
I = inked chipboard heart with Stampin' UP! pink passion
C = Green filagree gold circle next to buttons
A = Two different font title (cut out and tiny etched letters)

Thanks for the great challenge Janine, it gave me the opportunity to do my first Bali page from that holiday.


*********************************************

Here is Janines example:




TFL
Shazza

1 comment: