Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vote 1 for Adam.

This is my take on the August Cyber Crop at Ready Set Scrap. The theme was Holiday Escape.
Ann-Marie has packed her bag and is off to... AMERICA

Here are the details of Ann-Marie's Challenge:

For my challenge I want to see some STARS and STRIPES!
I am not fussed about the colours you chose to use for your entry and it can be OTP, Digi, LO, Hybrid, Card - whatever!!
Apart from the stars and stripes I have the following stipulations that I want to see ...

Your photo(or photos) must have some alterations
eg. cut-outs, rounded corners, selective colouring etc.

I want to see some layers!

I want to see some metal on your project
eg. pins, staples, brads, eyelets etc

I want to see some tearing and some distressing

and lastly, I want to see some paint, even if it's just a drop!

Have fun!


Below is my entry 'Vote 1 for Adam'


I decided to go the whole American theme for this layout, called 'Vote 1 for Adam'

Criteria:
Stars = 3 red
stripes = Stiped pp and Stripes on flag
Photo alterations = rounded corners
Layers = 4 layers of pp
Metal = staples and metal edged tag(Vote 1 election badge)
Tearing and Distress = around all pp's
Paint = white stars on flag (Jo Sonyas' Titanium white paint)

I used satin material to make the Curvey red decorations along the top of the page and added yellow stars. I cut the elongated flag from Cardstock added the "Uncle Sam' hat and two American icon pics (Uncle Sam and Statue of Liberty)
I made the election badge from metal edge tag from Stampin' UP! and covered it in cardstock and added the white lettering.
Used a picture of Adam taken at kindergarten in 1984.

Really enjoyed putting this layout together thanks AM for the great challenge.

and a close up


Here is Ann-Marie's sample.



TFL
Shazza

No comments:

Post a Comment