Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Living Desert

This is my entry for the August CC at Ready Set, Scrap. The theme for the cyber Crop was Holiday Escape.

Rach has packed her bag and is off to...
AUSTRALIA

Here are the details of Rach's Challenge:

To choose your favourite holiday destination from around Australia
Whether you have been there or would just LUV to go one day
find a picture of your dream holiday and draw inspiration from it...

This is the pic that I took my inspiration from:


You must also include
- paint
- ink
- a colour photo

and here is my layout:



This is Jenna sitting on a sculpture of a horses head at the 'living desert' not far from Broken Hill in 1997. There are sculptures situated on top of a hill which were created by local artists.
This was part of our Coober Pedy/Ayres Rock/Alice Springs trip.

I have drawn inspiration from a pic of the outback higway, i will try and post it here and it will also be on my blog shazzacraft.blogspot.com.

I painted a frame around the photo in Jo Sonyas burnt Sienna, used an inked or stamped owl and birds as an embellishment and have used a color photo.

Thanks Rachel for the inspiration, it brought back some great memories of this trip :)

Here is Rachel's example:

This is a picture on top of Mt Wellington in Hobart
One of my favourite places to holiday...




Here is my sample, now go forth and CREATE!!



Cheers
Shazza

2 comments:

  1. Love your take on the Challenge Shazza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration it gave me a chance to practise the Shabby Chic Style, which I normaly never attempt.
    Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete