Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Mystical Scrapbooks - SAND box Shananigans AND Summer Sippin'

Hey Friends!

It's been a long long time since I joined in a challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks! I thought I would atleast start off the year and join in some other challenge sites!



During the month of January Mystical Scrapbooks have two 'Summer' themed challenges.


The first challenge is to scrap outside the colour box!

Instead of the bright colours of summer -  the blues, pinks yellow and oranges 
to use more earthy tones - the browns, greens etc....

Here is my take on the challenge...

SAND box SHENANIGANS


Here is Skyla getting up to no good in her sand box!
Pretending to eat Sand! lol
I used browns, greys and light apricot colours!
I love the new 'Protea' die I just bought. I used the napkin technique and 
then used my water colour paints to paint the leaves and flower head, the colours really match the layout!

Here are some close ups...


I added some thread for some added colour and texture

and


I machine stitched down the frames.

*************************************************

The second 'SUMMER' challenge...

The second challenge is to use the word 'Summer' and 
to use multiple photos (two or more)

Here is my take on the challenge...

Summer SIPPIN'


I love using the bright colours of summer!
Here is Skyla drinking from the garden hose!!

and some close ups...



and


I love putting pages together from bits and bobs and 
lots of left overs from collections! 

Thanks Donna and the Mystical scrapping team!

I thoroughly enjoyed putting these pages together, 
thanks to your challenge inspirastion!

Cheers
Shazza :)








No comments:

Post a Comment