Sunday, June 7, 2009

"Home is where the Heart Is" card

This is my entry for the June OTP challenge set by Shell at Ready, Set, Scrap.

June OTP Challenge - set by Shell Barnard

For this month's OTP challenge Shell would like you to...

create an CARD using only the following
Rubons
Journalling Pen
Cardstock
Ribbons
****************************

Here's Shell's example:



**********************************

and here is my entry:




This is my entry for the card challenge, I have covered all criteria:
1) rubons = "Home is where the heart is" saying by Provocraft Memory rub-ons.
2) journaling pen = used for shadowing, flower centres and veins, door knob, snail face.
3) Cardstock = all bits are hand cut from various colors of cardstock
4) Ribbons = bow above doorway

I was inspired by a "welcome" mushroom card I saw on a blog a few weeks ago (can't find the blog but the creative lady was Donna, so thanks Donna for your inspiration)

I googled a mushroom image, enlarged it and cut out the shaped pieces. Plants, flowers, heart and snail were all drawn freehand and then hand cut.
I used glossy accents to stick the door ajar.

*******************************************

and some close ups:



and



TFL
Shazza


No comments:

Post a Comment