Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week # 10 - Erika Martin's Journaling Course

Week # 10 "Random Pictures from Different Times"

Timeless!!

Challenge = to use photos from 5 or more years ago

I chose to only use one photo from more than 5 years ago,
apart from sentimental value, I thought it was worth telling the story behind it.....


This is what the journaling says:


When I was a little girl, I remember a

beautiful etched glass photo frame with

a photo of me at five years, sitting crossed

legged talking on an old fashioned telephone.

It took pride of place on a telephone table

at my Grandmothers house.

Many years later my mother inherited it

and it sat inside a glass cabinet in our

lounge room. I loved that photo frame!!

After my dad passed away in 1999, my

mum sold our family home. Her two

storey five bedroom home was too much

for her to look after so she moved to a smaller

unit. During the packing up she gave me

the etched photo frame to keep.

Putting it up on a shelf in my own home,

I dropped it and shattered the glass frame…….

I was devastated, that frame was so beautiful!!

I started to sweep up the glass and on taking

the photo of me out of the frame, I discovered

another photo hidden behind my photo in

the frame, obviously my photo had been

placed over the top by my Grandmother.

Amazing!! It was an old sepia photograph

taken of my Grandmother ‘Annie Amelia

Chalk, as a little girl standing next to my

Great Grandmother ‘Henrietta Lucy Taylor’.

This is the only family photo we have of

my grandmother as a little girl and the only

photo in existence of my Grandmother.

What a find……

This photo is Timeless!!



Stampin UP! products used:
Chocolate Chip stamping ink pad
A4 c/s - Chocolate Chip
A4 c/s - Soft Sky
Textured c/s - Creamy Caramel
Clock face from 'Sense of time' stamp set
and hand cut flowers from
Parisian Breeze Speciality Designer Paper

Non Stampin' UP! product:
Thickers foam letters - Rockabye
Bella Large flowers
Maya Rd - Velvet pleated blossoms

TFL
Shazza

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo and the journalling is fantastic, I love it all. Love Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame about the frame but if you hadn't broken it you would never have found this little bit of priceless family history! It is a great photo and now it is displayed in a lovely layout that does it proud!
    My mum has got old photos like this of family members I never knew and I would like to try and get them scrapbooked before they are lost or forgotten! Maybe that will be my project for this year!

    ReplyDelete