Thursday, January 7, 2010

Week # 3 - from Erika Martins Journaling course 101

Week # 3 Journaling Relationships

Feline Friends

I decided to do this weeks assignment on my two beautiful cats whom share a fantastic friendship since the day they met. We got Astro (British Blue Shorthair) in March 2005, as my partner and I work during the day and Astro was left inside on his own a lot of the time, we decided to get him a playmate. Kimba (Snow Bengal) joined his new friend in Jan 2006. He arrived via air freight from Tasmania. They have gotten along very well together from day one and often Kimba can be seen grooming his 'big brother' Astro or prodding him on the belly to make him get up and have a run with him :)



Challenge = to use chipboard in an unusual way
I covered my chipboard pieces in material......the branch and the birdie

I decided to add a poem written by my partner Hasan for the journaling this time, just for something different :)

Feline Friends

Together all day,
we cuddle and play,
purring or looking for pats.

Sneaking and jumping
the fun never ends.
It's always great to
be feline friends

A close up of Astro and Kimba

Stampin UP! products used:
Close to cocoa textured card stock
Old Olive textured card stock
On Board so Tweet chipboard for the branch and birdie
Leaves cut from 'Simply Scrappin - Petal Party pp
Jumbo Outline Alphabet

Non Stampin' UP! product:
Material to cover bird and branch
weeny button for birds eye
Red A4 cardstock
Meow Meow sticker - Bazzill Basics Paper chip Toppers 'Cats'


TFL
Shazza

1 comment: