Thursday, September 17, 2009

In Loving Memory of Britt Lapthorne

My friend and close work companion Elke Lapthorne lost her daughter a year ago tomorrow. My heart aches for the family, who still to this day have no answers as to what actually happened to their beautiful daughter.

Britt went missing while backpacking in Dubrovnik, Croatia in the early hours of September 18th 2008 after leaving club Feugo. After an exhaustive search, her body was found in the sea in the Bay of Boninovo on October 8th 2008, and several days later was returned home to Australia accompanied by her father and brother. She was 21 years old. There are many people grieving the loss of such a vibrant and happy girl.


Her case attracted widespread support and media attention both here in Australia and in Croatia.

Britt is survived by her parents Dale and Elke, brother Darren, boyfriend Simon, and many extended family members and friends.

She will be loved and remembered FOREVER.

Rest in Peace Beautiful Angel!!



8 comments:

  1. this is so sad. . .thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember hearing about britt when it happened, im so sorry for your friends loss shazza, i just feel for the pain your friend must be suffering, so sad and im sorry.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was a beautiful girl :( I remember seeing this on a current affairs show. It was so sad and so shocking. My prayers to your friends, Britt's family

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad! In all the pictures she looks so happy! It is such a terrible loss of a lovely girl! My thoughts and prayers will be with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about this. I will keep the family in my prayers. I also wanted to tell you I love your take on the ad in the last post. Great how the birds look like they just flew out of the cage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you shazza for putting up a beautiful tribute to Britt, it reminds us all to love and hug our children. Thoughts to Britt's family who will feel the loss of Britt forever. e-Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am aware of this through the media reporting at the time. My heart goes out to Britt's whole family.

    And thank you so much for your comments on my blog recently :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. shazza,
    this is sooooo sad, i cried again..... reading your tribute. my heart goes out to her family.
    deb (sis)

    ReplyDelete