Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tagging - Your It!

I have been tagged by my scrapbooking and stamping buddy Tanya.

Here are the rules:

1. Go to where you store your pictures on your computer.

2. Go to the SIXTH folder and pick the SIXTH picture.

3. Post that picture on your blog along with a short storey about it.

4. You know the rest, tag SIX people and leave a comment on their blog or email them letting them know you chose them.




This picture of me is a shocker! Horrible long hair and overweight :( Anyway, this was taken out the front of the "Day of the Dead" shop in Playa del Carmen in Mexico in June 2006. The shop is filled with arts and crafts depicting death. Skulls and skeletons are fashioned from wood, clay paper, bone etc.. The mexicans celebrate the days of the dead on November 1st and 2nd, it is not a morbid occasion but one of peace and happiness. The living welcome the souls of the departed with offerings of flowers, specially prepared food, candles and incense. Many objects are made especially for the days of the dead, others are sold year round in galleries and craft shops, like the one here.

So, I am now going to tag SIX people.

1. Ali
2. Krys
3. Gwen
4. Shell
5. Tracey
6. Sharon

Cheers for now
Shazza

4 comments:

  1. This was such a fun little exercise... thanks for tagging me! Mine is up on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shazza, will post after I've done some baking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'll play, too!
    Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it supposed to be a photo of me or just any photo that's there?

    ReplyDelete